For more than twenty years our local guide in Benin have been organizing big game safaris in the north of the country on the edge of the Pendjari National Park, in the Porga hunting zone. The hunt is physically demanding and requires hunters to be in good physical condition. It is primary focused on hunting Roan Antelopes, West Savannah, African Buffaloes, Western Kobs, Nagor Reedbucks, Western Hartebeests…
We shoot one good Lion every year, hunted only by tracking. Baiting is not permitted. Accommodation is provided in a very confortable tented camp offering a spectacular view on the bush..
Hunting season: from the beginning of January to mid-May.
– 6 days safari: each hunter can harvest 1 West African Savannah Buffalo, 1 Roan Antelope or 1 Western Hartebeest, 1 Nagor Reedbuck or 1 Western Kob, 1 Western Bush Duiker, 1 Red Flanked Duiker, 1 Oribi, 1 Harnessed Bushbuck, 1 Warthog and 1 Baboon.
– 13 and 20 days safari: each hunter can harvest 1 Lion (if available at the quota), 1 West African Savannah Buffalo, 1 Roan Antelope, 1 Sing Sing Waterbuck, 1 Hippopotamus, 1 Western Hartebeest, 1 Nagor Reedbuck, 1 Western Kob, 1 Western Bush Duiker, 1 Red Flanked Duiker, 1 Oribi, 1 Harnessed Bushbuck, 1 Warthog and 1 Baboon.
Prices in USD:
Price of the safari per person 6 hunting days 13 hunting days 20 hunting days
2 Hunters x 1 Guide 8,000 16,000 25,000
1 Hunter x 1 Guide 11,000 24,000 36,000
Observer 3,000 4,000 5,000
The price of the safari includes:
– Meet and greet plus assistance at Cotonou airport (Benin),
– Transfer from Cotonou to the hunting area and back by car,
– The organizing of your safari with 4×4 vehicles, professional hunters, trackers, porters, skinners,
– Full board accommodation and drinks at the hunting camp.
– Field preparation of trophies.
The price of the safari does not include:
– Any air fare or travel costs to Cotonou,
– Trophy fees (see below),
– Community development tax (15 % on the amount of trophy fees),
– Hunting permit and fire arms importation license (1 000 Euros per hunter),
– Transfer from Cotonou to the hunting area and back by private plane (quotation on request),
– Dipping and packing of trophies (1 000 Euros per hunter); shipping fees outside the country not included,
– The rent of a rifle with scope and ammunitions,
– Hotel and meals costs in Cotonou (first night on arrival),
– Insurances costs,
– Visa fees, personal spending money and tips.
Trophy Fees in Euros:
- Lion: 8 500
- Hippopotamus: 2 600
- West African Savannah Buffalo: 2 400
- Western Roan Antelope: 2 400
- Western Hartebeest: 1 900
- Western Kob: 1 500
- Nagor Reedbuck: 1 500
- Sing Sing Waterbuck: 2 000
- Harnessed Bushbuck: 1 500
- Red Flanked Duiker: 600
- Western Bush Duiker: 300
- Warthog: 400
- Oribi: 300
- Baboon: 200
Trophy fees can be modified without notice by the local authority. The full trophy fee is due if animals are wounded and impossible to find. Double trophy fee for a female.